Monday 28 March 2011

Putting the brand name onto the OFC

So after finally deciding which picture I would use, I decided to put the brand name onto it. As I have mentioned in my previous, the majority of music magazines have the artist on the OFC infront of the brand name. This was something I wanted to do on my OFC, therefore (with a bit of help from my Dad) I tried to create this using Adobe Photoshop CS. Here are the steps I took:


Firstly, I put the brand name onto a copy of the picture in Picasa and opened it in Photoshop.




I then opened the original copy of the picture onto Photoshop with the other copy.



Next, I clicked on the photo with the brand name on and dragged it on top of the other picture to create two seperate layers.




After that I clicked on the mask button and then the paint button. This "cuts a hole" on the top layer to reveal a part of the other layer underneath.




Here is what it looked like afterwards.



Once that was done, I clicked on an arrow on the box shown below and clicked on Flatten Image. This makes the two become one.



This is the final image:



I decided to name my magazine 'Revolutions' for two reasons. I first came up with the idea when trying to think of brand name that is related to music. The word revolutions comes from the phrase RPM (revolutions per minute) on a vinyl record. Another reason for having Revolutions as the brand name as it is associated with the revolutions in inide/rock music. Subsequently, the music magazine will appeal to more older audience than what I initially intended. It will also appeal to real music lovers though; it will appeal to people who are passionate about music.


I will work on the rest of this OFC later because I'm not sure whether to stick to the font or not. However, I decide shortly and re-doing this won't be hard now that I know what to do. Nethertheless, any feedback would helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment