Monday 9 May 2011

Evaluation-What kind of media institution might distribute my media product?

There are two main media institutions that distribute music magazines in the UK. The first one is the Bauer Media Group Inc. They distribute the magazines of Q, Mojo and Kerrang! The other one is IPC Media, which are responsible for distributing the NME.
Although the Bauer Media Group Inc. are probably the most popular choice, I think that IPC Media would be better at distributing my media product. This is mainly because the magazines at the Bauer Media Group Inc. distribute more glossy magazines. I feel that my magazine has more of a rougher edge to it, which is similar to NME. Also, the other magazines that they distribute (such as Look magazine) are aimed at a younger audience, which is my target audience. They also tend to deal
with weekly magazines, which again is what I would aim to do.























Then again, this conclusion was drawn from looking at my OFC and contents page. When I look at my DPS, it looks less rough. I still think though that taking other factors into account, IPC Media would probably be the best institution for my magazine.





My magazine would be distributed into shops and supermarkets as the front cover has been designed to stand out in amongst the other magazines on the shop's shelf. Would I have my magazine online or as a kindle? Possibly. There certainly seems to be a growing trend of books/magazines in this format. Although I personally like to have a paper magazine, I am trying to appeal to a wider audience so this may mean keeping up to date with modern technology trends.



1 comment:

  1. loving how you've thought about your magazine having a rougher edge to it :)

    ReplyDelete