Monday 9 May 2011

Evaluation-Looking back at my preliminary task, what have I learnt in the progression it to the full product?

This was the final product of my preliminary task. I used Microsoft Publisher to create this. Looking at this now, the first thing that catches my eye is that it quite basic in the design and layout. It lacks colour and doesn't seem as appealing as I first thought. It still looks good, just a bit simple really. The image is dominating the page and makes it the main focus of attention here as well.










Now compared to my prelim task, my OFC looks more structured and professional. I used better programmes such as Picasa, Picnik and Photoshop to create it. It looks more appealing due to the contrasts in colours (the yellow with silvery-grey background). There is a good balance between the text and the images here too.











To summarise then, I feel that I have learnt how to use the technologies around me to good effect. Beforehand, I would occassionally use programmes such as Picasa and Photoshop, but now I find them easy to use and I want to use them.

I have also learnt how hard it is to keep to deadlines in the magazine industry. I never realised the full scale of the construction that goes into making a good magazine. Of course, magazine industries would usually only have a few days whereas we've had a few weeks. Then again, there would be a person working on each bit seperately on a real magazine, not just one person doing the whole magazine.

I also found it interesting to learn about the theories of media and in particular the memes and tropes in our society. To me, they had always been there but I would have never really thought about them-I just accpeted them. Now though I start to think about them in everyday situations.

Finally, the final thing that I have learnt is to alway proof read your work before saving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment