Wednesday 23 February 2011

Defining my audience

Audiences can be defined by using SAGEL:
 
Social class
Age
Gender
Ethnicity
Lifestyle
 
Using this, I more capable of defining who audience will be so I can make a music magazine appropriate for them. However, with any product that is created,  there is always a penumbra effect. This is an unintended audience that like and buy your product. So, for example, Kerrang! is a rock magazine aimed at men yet women also buy this magazine.
 
The genre of music I have chosen for my magazine will be indie/rock. This means that my target audience will be mainly indie type people. The age range will be roughly between 15-25. I will try to appeal to both genders and a wide range of ethnicity groups.
 
Now that I have decided on these factors, I can now make a suitable questionnaire to give to these types of people. This will give me a better idea of what I should put into my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment