Monday 11 April 2011

My OFC so far

So originally, I made my brand name look like this:


But when I tried editing on the taglines, I wanted them in different colour to the brand name. This became a problem as it looked like the brand name was standing out too. The taglines just seemed to blend with the picture and weren't standing out.


I then looked on the NME website for inspiration and came across the front cover below. Both the brand name and main taglines are in the same colour. There are also in yellow which isn't very conventional but still stands out. The taglines in white are also outlined a little bit so they stand out too. Therefore I decided to base my OFC on this issue of NME and change the style of the brand name.


Here is my OFC so far. I decided to use yellow in the end because it contrasts with the rest of the picture. I am pleased with what I've done so far and will probably add more to it later (e.g. bar code, more taglines, more posters, etc.)


Any feedback on what I've done so far would be much appreciated :)

4 comments:

  1. yesss!! it looks awesome with the title same as the sell line! :D it really stands out! :D i looooove iiiiitttttt <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :D
    thank you :D <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or, like on your older Revolutions thing, you know how you've made the text be outlined? Maybe you could try that on the yellow text to make it stand out more because some of the sell line blends into the photo sort of, and maybe that black outline would make it more OOMF..if you get me :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I see what you're saying. Problem is that means doing it all again because I've done so much on it now a Picasa, Picnik, Photoshop, etc that I can't really change it now.
    Thanks for the suggestion though :) x

    ReplyDelete