Tuesday 25 January 2011

Preliminary OFC

Here is my first OFC for my preliminary task:


Initially I was going to use the school colours (red, white and black) as my colour scheme on the OFC. Having tried it though against the picture, it did not look right as the font was either hard to read or not eye catching. I kept the fonts as sans serif to make it more appealing to the younger audiences.

Also, my first idea was to have the main picture as an event that was occuring in school. I tried doing this by having the model do a drama performance. Unfortunately, the lighting in the pictures was either too bright or too dark. Although this may be alright to do in a music magazine where you can be more experimental, in a school magazine it's better to keep the pictures looking formal and professional. In the end I decided to have the model hold the globe and then have one of the cover-lines reference back to it by saying "Going global? Find out how your school cares about the world"

The layout is simple the name of the magazine on top and a motto underneath. The coverlines don't cover the model's face or the object that she is holding.

The coverlines and motto also gain the audiences interest by refering to them as 'you' or 'your'. This means they'll be more likely to read the inside content of the magazine as it is affecting them.

The school magazine OFC was created using Adobe Photoshop.

2 comments:

  1. This is good Sophie. Could you upload your other images and explain why you didn't choose them.

    Check spelling of 'to'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll add the pictures on the blog at a later date. They are currently still on the school camera.

    And what did you mean by check the spelling of to? I've double checked the blog twice and I couldn't find anything wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete