Thursday 20 January 2011

Initial ideas for music magazine

Recently I have been thinking of ideas of how I can make my music magazine be consisent. I'm only making one magazine so I need to be consisent in other ways such as the text, grphics, logos, etc.

On the OFC, the magazine name and banner will be placed along the top. I have noticed by looking at various music magazines that on the fron cover, the main photograph is placed infront of the title. This is probably because when people look for magazines, they look in sequence by looking at the picture first and then the title of the magazine. Therefore, I may try and copy this using photoshop. Also, they layout in a music magazine is usually layered just like the OFC. So I may be consisent with this idea as well.

Also, the colour scheme will limited down to around 3 or 4 colours. Music magazines tend to stick to basic colours such as white, black and red. However they also tend to use yellow on their OFC. This is probably to catch audiences attention when they are searching for music magazines in shops.

In one of my future blogs, I will probably put some examples of music magazines that are currently on sale in the UK. I'll analyse them, giving references of colour schemes and graphics that I have mentioned in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment