Monday 24 January 2011

Prelim research

Here are a selection of school/college magazine OFCs:









The fonts that have been used are more basic than in other magazines. This is probably so that they are easier to read and therefore become more appealing to read. Most of them use a sans serif font on the OFC. This might be to appear less formal so that students are more interested in it. If it was in a formal serif font, students aged between 11-18 wouldn't be interested in reading it. So by using sans serif font, it appeals to a more younger audience.
Also the font colours are either neutral (white or black) or are in the colour scheme of the school colours. I will probably use the colour scheme of school colours on my OFC.

The pictures in the magazines above tend to be of recent school activities such as a netball match or a school performance. I would like to use this idea in my prelim task because I think it will different than rather someone studying/reading. It will be more appealing to the audience because of the interesting picture and they'll also get an idea of what is happening in their school. I may also reference the photo to one of the cover-lines on the OFC. This will also gain more attention from the readers.

4 comments:

  1. Are you sure that these are all school magazines Sophie? (One is definitely a uni mag!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prelim says that the tasks could also be for a college mag as well as a school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just double checked which ones were really school/college magazines. I've got rid of the ones that weren't and added some thers. Is this any better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much better! I'm impressed with your work Sophie - keep it up.

    ReplyDelete